A Dealers Hand
In the game of Blackjack the dealer is required to play according to a defined set of rules that are normally displayed on the table. The two main rules that any player must take into consideration are:
1. The dealer stands on 17. In most online casinos the dealer stands on 17. To comply with this rule a dealer is required to hit until the value of his or her hand values 17 or more.
2. The dealer hits on a soft 17. To comply with this rule the dealer must hit on any hand valuing less than 18 if the hand contains an Ace valued at 11.
The dealer can not Split, Double Down, Surrender, or make an Even Money or Insurance bet.
The following player/casino advantages are just an approximation, the exact figures change according to a number of variable factors, the number of decks of cards in the shoe, the exact set of rules used, etc.
- By not applying a basic strategy the casino has a 7% advantage.
- Applying a basic strategy the casino has a 0.5% advantage.
- Applying card counting strategies can give a player up to a 1% advantage.
Tips to Win Blackjack Online
Listed below are few things to keep in mind while playing Blackjack.
- Blackjack is a game of strategy and players that follow the strategy tables constantly win more.
- The objective of Blackjack is to be holding a hand valued more than the dealers without exceeding 21. Insurance and Even money bets are not recommended for beginners.
- Set limits. Never bet more than you can afford to loose.
- The fewer decks used the better it is for the player.