Last Updated on 19 May 2016 by Nicholas Lim
Online Roulette is one of the most classic casino games. Acquiring an understanding of the basic rules and strategies involved in playing online roulette will help you get more enjoyment out of your Singaporean online casino games. Before you begin to play the game, colored chips must be purchased to help you mark your betting position. At offline casino games, each of the eight roulette players has a different color of chips to avoid mixing up the bets. If you win your bet, you receive cash chips at the end of the game in place of your colored playing chips. Each spin of the roulette wheel is known as a game and payouts occur at the end of each game. When you’re finished playing online roulette, your cash chips are exchanged for the total amount of money won throughout the games you played.
When you’re ready to play online roulette, you must decide which number or numbers you want to bet on and place your colored chips in the appropriate space on the betting areas of the table layout. For instance, if you’re betting on number 28, you’ll place your colored chip on the square that says “28.” Once the bets are placed, the croupier spins the spinning wheel to set the ball into motion. Bets can be changed or continue to be placed up until the time the croupier says “no more bets.” After that, no one can place anymore bets, nor can they alter the location of their chips.
To declare the winning number in an offline casino game of roulette, the croupier marks it with a dolly and clears away all the losing bets. In an online roulette game, the winning number is indicated with a “W” placed on top of the bet. Only after the winning bet is declared can you bet again while the winner is receiving his or her payout. The more you learn about casino games such as roulette, the better you’ll become at deciding how to bet and which playing strategies work best for you.
Online roulette games are as straightforward as the offline version, utilizing the same rules, and including the same betting options, and playing strategies or systems. The computer mouse is used to hover over and choose the game vantage point, allowing the player to see the roulette spinning wheel and surrounding table layout just as would occur at an offline casino. Markers are used to let you know the betting limits of the game so you can use your chips accordingly while placing your bets. In European roulette, the house has a 2.7% advantage because, when a single number is played one out of each 37 spins wins and 36 out of every 37 spins loses.
In a nutshell, these are the basic steps involved in playing the game of online roulette:
- The player purchases roulette chips
- Bets are chosen and placed before the croupier calls out “no more bets”
- The roulette ball comes to rest in one of the compartments, indicating the winning bet
- The croupier announces the payout rates and distributes the winnings
- Losing bets are collected and removed from the table
- Players decide to continue playing or leave the table to cash in their chips for money
Online Roulette Betting Systems
You can place your bets in one of several ways by choosing a single number, a group of numbers, or placing your bet on a group of numbers according to characteristics– such as even or odd numbers, black or red numbers, and high or low numbers. Types of betting options are divided into two categories– inside bets and outside bets.
Inside Betting Options
- Straight up – place your colored chips on a single number, including zero
- Split bet – position your chips so they sit directly on the line located between two adjacent numbers to include both numbers on either side of the line in the bet
- Street bet – chips are placed at the end of a row of numbers allowing you to bet on three numbers situated in a horizontal line
- Corner bet – set your chips on the corner where a block of four numbers meet
- Line bet – place your chips at the end of two rows, directly on top of the line that intersects the rows. This creates a bet that covers both rows, for a total of six.
Outside Betting Options
- Column bet – a chip placed in a box at the end of one of the columns creates a bet that covers all the numbers in the column for a total of 12 numbers. This excludes the zero.
- Dozen bet – There are three boxes in the betting area marked 12M, 12P, and 12D. Chips placed in the box next to 12M cover the numbers 1 through 12. Chips laid in the box next to 12P create a bet on the numbers 13 through 24, and when chips are laid in the box next to 12D a bet is placed covering numbers 25 through 36.
- Even/Odd, Red/Black, Low/High bet – At the bottom of the board there are six boxes designating Red, Black, Even, Odd, Low and High. Placing a chip in one of these six boxes creates a bet that covers that half of the board. Low bets cover 1 through 18, while high bets cover the numbers 19 through 36.
The Zero Rule
- Bets placed on even, odd, red, black, low or high square do not include zero and will be lost if the ball stops in the zero compartment.
In online roulette, the software distributes the payout following each game, or spin. The amount of the payout is determined by the type of bet placed.
- A bet placed on 1 number has a payout of 35 to 1
- Betting on 2 numbers results in a payout of 17 to 1
- Placing a bet on 3 numbers equals a payout of 11 to 1
- Bets covering 4 numbers equal a payout of 8 to 1
- A bet placed on 6 numbers has a payout of 5 to 1
- Bets that cover 12 numbers result in a payout of 2 to 1
- Placing a bet that covers 18 numbers has a payout of 1 to 1